Director of Finance
This is a brand new opportunity due to the growth of the Prama group of charities, You will be responsible for the success of the organisation's finance activities and IT systems. You will provide financial reports and advice to support the senior management team, of which you will be a part, to monitor and review both the internal and external environment to support the making of strategic decisions.
Main Purpose of Job
• To be responsible for management and financial accounting across five companies and the compliant preparation of accounts for auditing
• To take a full role in the leadership and strategic development of Prama
• To be a positive role model for the Christian vision and values of Prama
• To oversee the development, delivery, management and compliance of facilities, health & safety and IT
• To oversee the development, delivery, management and compliance of trading activities
• To ensure areas of responsibility enable the delivery of the vision and strategic plan of Prama
• To be the Company Secretary
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To personally demonstrate Christian values with colleagues, staff, clients and other parties
2. To be a visible and proactive ambassador for Prama.
3. To participate in and contribute to regular senior management meetings and the strategic development of the Prama Group.
4. To participate in and contribute at Board meetings and sub-committee meetings.
5. To be responsible for regular supervision and appraisals of direct reports.
1. To lead and prepare the Annual Budgets for the group and ensure accurate and timely management accounts and projections are prepared each month.
2. To interpret financial patterns, sensitivities and trends so as to inform business and strategic decisions of the senior management team and Trustee Boards.
3. To lead preparation for annual Audit.
4. To identify any financial matters to the CEO and Trustees which impact upon strategic directions, business efficiency and continuity.
5. To take responsibility and ensure effective and efficient structures & systems are maintained and developed on all financial matters and payroll functions.
6. To ensure all operational and support staff have clear relevant financial data to inform their attainment of targets.
7. To maintain a continuous review of all income and expenditure lines ensuring Prama is effective, efficient and economical in all forms of its Christian mission and work.
8. To ensure compliance with Health and Safety across all offices, shops and workplaces
9. To oversee building maintenance of all facilities
10. To lead on oversight and procurement of all facilities and equipment contracts
11. To oversee all operational and IT systems
12. To lead the delivery of role-related change programs that enable the strategic objectives of Prama
13. To manage risks and ensure change projects are not unduly impacted by the tensions of 'business as usual' issues
14. To ensure that the quality of day to day services are not significantly impacted by change programs
15. To ensure IT and operational changes are appropriately prioritised in line with business need
16. To positively respond to and seek opportunities to convey the Christian ethos, values and role of Prama internally and externally, including the participating and leading of prayer and Christian worship and preaching
17. To take a personal responsibility for ongoing professional development
18. Any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post
19. To support Prama events which may occur out of office hours
In recruiting to this role Prama is seeking the “right fit” and encourages anyone who feels that they have the requisite qualifications to apply. The Foundation is committed to adapting roles to suit the core strengths of individuals and it may be, and accepted that, as a result of this appointment, responsibilities across the senior management team are adjusted to suit individual core skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £45,000.00 to £55,000.00 /year