Prama aspires to provide excellent support to vulnerable people. To achieve this it takes a comprehensive approach to the pursuit of quality assurance ensuring that mechanisms are in place to ascertain quality of service provision from many angles. This will be achieved through:
- Regarding complaints as an opportunity for service improvement
- Ensuring there are robust means of monitoring staff
- Ensuring that team meetings are routine
- Undertaking semi structured interviews with the most dependent clients
- Gathering information and comment through a client/carers forum
- Undertaking an annual survey
- Reporting the outcomes of the above mechanisms to both management and Trustee meetings.
- All complaints are logged in Head Office.
- The person who has received the complaint completes a complaint form.
- All complaints are thoroughly investigated in line with Prama’s Complaints Policy.
- If a complaint is made by a client, their Area Care Manager will investigate and respond within 5 working days. A report will be made available within 28 working days. Any action emanating from the report will be carried out immediately and, if necessary, staff disciplinary procedures will be implemented.
- If the complaint is about a specific Care Support Worker, that member of staff will be removed from the client’s care team.
- If the complaint is against senior management, the Chief Executive Officer or a Trustee will carry out the investigation.
- If the complaint is against Senior Management the case will be investigated by the Chief Executive Officer or Trustee if appropriate.
- If the complaint is of a general (non-care) nature, an appropriate member of the management team will respond within 5 working days and carry out an investigation and report back to the complainant within 28 working days.
Learning from complaints
- Prama regards complaints as healthy and will use this as a means of improving practice.
- All complaints with status and outcomes are reported to the full Board of Trustees.
- Quarterly reports are presented to the Quality and Compliance subcommittee for analysis and action planning.